“Affiliate” means any entity that, directly or indirectly, through one or more intermediaries, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with Timus.
“Contact Form” means a form available on the Site that can be used to submit information to Timus for any purpose.
“Customer” means a person or entity that has entered into a Subscription Service Agreement. References to “Customer” include the employees or personnel who are authorized to use the Platform on behalf of such Customer, if any.
“Channel Partner” means a person or entity that has entered into to a Channel Partner Agreement. References to “Channel Partner” include the employees or personnel who are authorized to use the Platform on behalf of such Channel Partner, if any.
“Platform” means the Timus platform-as-a-service offering.
“Site” means https://www.timusnetworks.com/
“Site User” means any person who uses the Site, which includes browsing the Site or submitting a Contact Form.
Timus may collect your personal information when:
• you submit a Contact Form;
• you purchase a subscription to use the Platform;
• you enter into a Channel Partner Agreement or Subscription Service Agreement
• you create an account to access the Platform pursuant to authorization from a party to a Channel Partner Agreement or Subscription Service Agreement;
• you subscribe to a Timus newsletter;
• you participate in surveys and evaluations;
• you request information or materials;
• you apply for a position, or submit your resume to Timus;
• you submit questions or comments to Timus;
• you submit any information to Timus; or
• you contact Timus by any means using information available on the Site.
The types of personal information we collect may include (but are not limited to):
· your first and last name;
· your home, billing, or other physical address (including street name, city/town, state/province, postal code);
· your email address;
· your telephone number;
· any other identifier that permits Timus to make physical or online contact with you; and
· (for Channel Partners) your financial information, including credit card account information.
Use of personal information: Timus collects and uses your information, including your personal information, to operate and improve the Site and Platform, and to deliver the services or carry out the transactions you have requested. These uses may include providing you with more effective customer service; making the Site or Platform easier to use by eliminating the need for you to repeatedly enter the same information; performing research and analysis aimed at improving our products, services, and technologies; and displaying content and advertising that are customized to your interests and preferences.
We also use your personal information to communicate with you. We may send certain mandatory service communications such as welcome letters, information updates, billing information, information on technical service issues, and security announcements. We may also contact you to inform you of other products or services available from Timus and its Affiliates.
Personal information collected on the Sites may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Timus or its Affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities, and by using the Site or Platform, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
Sharing with Affiliates
Timus may share your information, including personal information, with its Affiliates. The information submitted through Contact Forms may be stored and processed by Affiliates in the United States or any other country in which the Affiliates maintain facilities, and by submitting a Contact Form, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
Sharing with third-party providers
In some cases, we use third parties to collect, use, analyze, and otherwise process information, including personal information, on our behalf. This includes our use of certain products and services provided by third parties for the purposes of enabling certain features on the Site, such as Contact Forms. For example, the information submitted through Contact Forms may be processed by third-party providers such as HubSpot, Inc. and Google LLC. By submitting a Contact Form, you consent to us sharing your personal information with any third party that provides us with the products or services used to enable Contact Forms, or otherwise processes information on our behalf.
We occasionally hire other third parties to provide limited services on our behalf, such as handling the processing and delivery of mailings, providing customer support, hosting websites, processing transactions, or performing statistical analysis of our services. For example, we may use Stripe or another payment processer to facilitate purchases of subscriptions to use the Platform. Service providers will be permitted to obtain only the personal information they need to deliver the service. They are required to maintain the confidentiality of the information and are prohibited from using it for any other purpose.
Sharing with parties other than Affiliates and third-party providers
Timus may also team up with carefully selected Timus partners to participate in limited marketing campaigns solely to promote Timus’s products and services, or the partner’s products and services, to you. You may opt-out of receiving these marketing messages at any time by following the instructions in the email message.
If you request something from the Site (for example, a product or service, a callback, or specific marketing materials), we will use the information you provide to fulfill your request or inquiry. To help us do this, we may share information with our partners.
We may access or disclose your information, including your personal information, if we believe such action is necessary to: (a) comply with the law or legal process served on the Site or Timus; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Timus (including the enforcement of our agreements); or (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our customers or members of the public.
Your choices: Timus provides a number of ways for you to “opt-out” of receiving additional information from us, or having us provide your personal information to our partners. We may offer you these choices at the time you give us your personal information.
If you do not wish to continue receiving certain marketing materials (e.g., email messages), you can opt-out of receiving these materials by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the materials. This option does not apply to communications primarily for the purpose of administering orders, contracts, support, product safety warnings, software updates, or other administrative and transactional notices.
How to update your information: To modify the contact information that you have provided to us, you can contact us at [[email protected]] or by mailing us at 245 First Street, Riverview II, 18th Floor, Cambridge, MA 02142.
Safeguarding your information: In order to protect your information, including your personal information, from improper disclosure, Timus uses commercially reasonable efforts to maintain a secure operating environment to protect any information we collect. We use the most accurate and current information you provide in order to process your request. Once received, we limit access of your information to only those employees with a legitimate business need to review them. Furthermore, whenever you transmit Personal Information, such as credit card information, to us through our website, we provide you access to a third party server that allows encryption across the Internet. Browsers offer varying degrees of security, particularly in regard to encryption. Even the same version of a browser can come with different levels of encryption. For your protection, make sure your browser is set and configured to support Secure Socket Layer (SSL) 2.0/3.0 and employs 128-bit encryption. All acceptable browsers do provide detailed information on security levels in “Properties” or “Document Information” from the browser’s menu bar. See your browser's “Help” tab or documentation for more information. Finally, we take care to dispose of your information properly so that third parties will not be able to access it. This includes destroying, erasing, or making unreadable the information. While we are committed to protecting your privacy, please be aware that no transaction over the Internet can be completely secure.
With or without cookies, our website keeps track of usage data, such as the source address from which a page request originates (i.e., your IP address, domain name), date and time of the page request, the referring website (if any), and other parameters in the URL (e.g., search criteria). We use this data to better understand website usage in the aggregate so that we know what areas of our website users prefer (e.g., based on the number of visits to those areas). This information is stored in log files and is used for aggregated and statistical reporting. It is not attributed to you as an individual.
Links to Other Sites: The Site may provide links to third-party websites, such as those of our business partners, payment processors, and online advertisers. You should review their privacy policies to learn more about what, why, and how they collect and use personally identifiable information.
For Questions or Concerns: If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should first contact [[email protected]]. Other correspondence may be sent to:
Timus Networks, Inc. 245 First Street, Riverview II, 18th Floor Cambridge, MA 02142
NOTICE TO CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 18 AND THEIR PARENTS OR LEGAL GUARDIANS: THE SITE ARE INTENDED FOR ADULTS. WE DO NOT KNOWINGLY OR INTENTIONALLY COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM ANYONE UNDER THE AGE OF 18. IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 18, PLEASE DO NOT PROVIDE ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION TO TIMUS. IF YOU KNOW OF ANYONE UNDER THE AGE OF 18 WHO HAS PROVIDED US WITH INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY AND WE WILL REMOVE THE INFORMATION.
California Notice of Collection
In the past twelve (12) months, we or our service providers have collected the following categories of information enumerated in the CCPA in connection with the Site and Platform:
· First and last name, home, billing or other physical address (including street name, city/town, state/province, postal code, and country of origin), e-mail address, and telephone number, to the extent you are interacting with our Site or Platform;
· Information, services and products considered, accepted, rejected and other use data;
· Any other identifier that permits us to make physical or online contact with you;
· Internet activity, including history of visiting and interacting with the Site or Platform, browser type, browser language and other information collected automatically; and
· Any other information you have chosen to provide to us through the Site or Platform.
We do not generally sell information as the term “sell” is traditionally understood. However, to the extent “sale” under the CCPA would be interpreted to include any of the activities described in the “Sharing of information” section above, we will comply with applicable law as to such activity.
Right to Know and Delete
If you are a California resident, you have the right to delete Personal Information we have collected about you and you have the right to know certain information about our data practices in the preceding twelve (12) months. In particular, you have the right to request the following:
· Categories of Personal Information we have collected about you;
· Categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected;
· Categories of Personal Information about you we disclosed for a business purpose or sold;
· Categories of third parties to whom the Personal Information was sold or disclosed for a business purpose;
· Business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the Personal Information; and
· Specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
To exercise any of these rights, please submit a request to us at [email protected]. In the request, please specify which right you are seeking to exercise and the scope of the request. We will confirm receipt of your request within ten (10) days. We may require specific information from you to help us verify your identity and process your request. Please note that, in many instances, we do not collect types of information that enable us to identify you. As such, if we do not have information that permits us to verify your identity, we may deny your requests to know or delete. A request for access can be made by you only twice within a twelve (12) month period.
Right to Opt Out
Under the CCPA, you have the right to opt out of the sale of your Personal Information to third parties at any time. Timus does not “sell” your Personal Information as it is currently defined under the CCPA. You may contact us by emailing us at [email protected] if you have any questions or concerns.
You can designate an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf. However, we will require written proof of the agent’s permission to do so and verify your identity directly.
Right to Non-Discrimination
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of any your rights.
California Do-Not-Track Notice
We do not track our Site users over time and across third party websites and therefore do not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
Notice to International Residents: Timus is headquartered in the United States. The Site and Platform are primarily operated and managed on servers located and operated within the United States. In order to submit a Contact Form, or to purchase a subscription to use the Platform, or to actually use the Platform, you may be sending your personal information outside of the country where you reside or are located, including to the United States. Accordingly, if you reside or are located outside of the United States, your personal information may be transferred outside of the country where you reside or are located, including to countries that may not or do not provide the same level of protection for your personal information. We are committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of personal information when it is transferred.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR USERS IN THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA AND UNITED KINGDOM: Timus is established in the United States and has operations and service providers in the United States and throughout the world. As such, we and our service providers may transfer your personal information to, or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide levels of data protection equivalent to those in your country of residence. By using the Site or Platform, or otherwise interacting with us, regardless of where you live or where you provide information to us, you consent to our use and our service providers’ use of your personal information worldwide and to the transfer of your personal information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States. In certain circumstances, courts, regulatory agencies, law enforcement agencies, or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your personal information.
Timus is aware of the July 16, 2020 ruling by the European Court of Justice invalidating the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework. Accordingly, we will take adequate measures designed to protect the transfer of Personal Information of individuals in the European Economic Area (EU Member States, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) (“EEA”), such as relying on the European Commission-approved Standard Contractual Clauses (“EU SCCs”) as a legal mechanism for such transfer, or other adequate transfer mechanism as required under relevant data protection laws, as well as additional safeguards, where appropriate. A copy of these clauses may be obtained by contacting us at the email address listed below.
For transfers to or from the United Kingdom (“UK”), we make use of the EU SCCs, as modified by the UK’s International Data Transfer Addendum (collectively the “UK SCCs”). For individuals located in the EEA or the UK, the term “personal information,” as used in this section, is equivalent to “personal data” under applicable European and UK data protection legislation.
If you are located in the EEA, the UK, or Switzerland, you have certain rights and protections under applicable law regarding the processing of your personal information, as defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), and this section applies to you.
Legal Basis for Processing
When we process your personal information, we will do so in reliance on the following lawful bases:
· To perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., providing the services you requested).
· When we have a legitimate interest in processing your personal information to operate our business or protect our interests (e.g., to provide, maintain, and improve our services, conduct data analytics, and communicate with you).
· To comply with our legal obligations (e.g., to maintain a record of your consents and track those who have opted out of non-administrative communications).
· When we have your consent to do so (e.g., when you opt in to receive non-administrative communications from us). When consent is the legal basis for our processing your personal information, you may withdraw such consent at any time.
We store Personal Information associated with your Account for as long as your account remains active. If you close your Account, we will delete your Account data within thirty (30) days, unless reasonably necessary to comply with our legal, regulatory, or other compliance obligations. We store other data for as long as necessary to carry out the purposes for which we originally collected it and for other legitimate business purposes, including to meet our legal, regulatory, or other compliance obligations.
For users in the European Union, according to the GDPR, you have the following statutory rights:
· Access. You have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not personal information concerning you is being processed, and, where that is the case, all necessary information to make the process transparent. You also have the right to obtain a copy of your personal information being processed.
· Rectification. You have the right to require rectification of inaccurate data about you.
· Erasure. You have the right to ask for the deletion of your data in certain circumstances.
· Restrict processing. You have the right to restrict processing of data under certain specified circumstances.
· Data portability. You have the right to request for the receipt or the transfer to another organization, in a machine-readable form, of your personal information.
· Object to processing. You have the right to ask us to stop using all or some of your personal information under certain specified circumstances.
· Right to withdraw consent. When you have given your explicit consent for the processing of your data, you can withdraw it at any time without justification. The withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
If would like to exercise your rights, please let us know by sending an email at [email protected].
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local Data Protection Authority or to the Data Protection Authority where the alleged infringement took place.